Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Panty Raid! (Vintage Style)

Don't get the wrong idea- they may be old, but they're not used, and I didn't steal them.  I'm not that pervy, and my momma raised me better than that!
I had an appointment across town this morning, and decided to stop at one of my favorite places in one of everyone's least favorite neighborhoods on my way back.  When I get a hunch, I can't fight it- there's a reason behind it (foreshadowing pun not intended).  Lo and behold, what did I find? Old stock vintage panties!!!
Seriously- brand spankin' new (haha- pun!)!  The tags inside are perfect.  Either someone found and donated some old stock, or some fancy old lady died with a drawer full of new drawers from the late 50s and early 60s.  These Warner's baby blue beauties have white, blue, and pale green lace.
The Van Raaltes on the left are sheer (scandalous!).  The no-name ones in the center have eyelet embroidery on the front, and the pale green Henson Knickernick ones have lace between sheer nylon on the front and extra-fancy ruched and scalloped elastic.
These are cut lower on the hip, all no-name brands.  The white ones have a gorgeous lace applique on the front, and the color of the plain minty ones is perfect to match a dress I found.  After all, if you're gonna be wearin' a pretty vintage dress, and your skirt spins out when you dance, you might as well wear pretty full-coverage vintage panties, not a thong.  That would be downright unladylike.
And while we're talkin' foundation garments, I ordered this beauty from littlestarsvintage a while back on Etsy.
It's a Hollywood Maxwell "petal pusher" backless bra.  I sold one like it that was nowhere near my size, and now I have one close enough that I can make it work.  It needs some restoration love, but that'll be a whole 'nother blog entry.

2 comments: