Monday, July 23, 2012

Houston's Best-Kept Vintage Secret

As  supporter of small businesses and a vintage lover, I have to let you in on something.  I'd love to keep it all to myself and hog all the vintage, but I'm trying not to be a hoarder and I seriously can't afford it anyway.  And besides, sharing is nice, and I've been working on getting better at being nicer in general for years, like the good examples I had in my Momma, Gramma, and Godmother.
If you're in and around the Houston area, you need to check out this place:
Its set back on a driveway on Edwards in the First Ward Arts District.  Vida Antigua Vintage rocks my socks.  They're the cheapest and have a nearly-overwhelming variety of guys and ladies clothing.
You see those piles behind my friend, where my other friend is rummaging around? Those are just the things we found to try on.  Piles of clothes.
These are a few of the things I tried on- so much variety!!!  I swear they must think I'm crazy, I get so excited flipping through the racks.  And, their prices are KILLER.  I can afford 2 or 3 pieces for the cost of 1 piece from other places around town.
These are all swimsuits and rompers.  They dug up even more for Rock Baby Rock It this past weekend in Houston-  I saw ladies running around with recent acquisitions I would have bought myself.
... and dressesdressesdresses!  With TX Size Vintage working alongside the Vida Antigua staff, the size variety includes something for everyone, since they specialize in plus-size vintage.  So check out Vida Antigua's facebook page and be sure to stop by next time they're open, or check out their tent at the next festival or pop-up market.  You never know what treasure you might find!

2 comments: