Sunday, October 7, 2012

Vintagey Goodness at Home and Abroad...

So last weekend, I figured it'd be warm enough to wear my red sarong one more time for the season to vend at the vintage market with my friend from EaDo Vintage.  Houston got a cool front that day, and I put on cozy jammies that night and slept with the windows open, listening to the leaves (it reminds me of the sound of the sea, and puts me to sleep almost instantly).
The jammies I got in trade from another vendor did not get worn that night (yaaaay for moving merchandise and getting what I want at the same time!).  I'm pretty sure they're old stock, and I washed them last week.  They're adorable.
Pink elephants!!  Rhinestones!  Sequin bubbles!  They're Lady Duff shorty pajamas.  If you read up on her, you'll know she was a badass.  She had passed away by the time these jammies were made, but the company was apparently still producing lingerie and loungewear well past her death in the 30s.
It's rare to find shorty pajamas or a babydoll set with the panty or bloomers still with the top.
I also got an open-bottom girdle in the trade. Looky.
It's by Goddess and it's gorgeous.  Garter tabs are present, and still in good shape.  I think I traded pretty well for a panty girdle and a half slip.

That was last weekend.  This weekend, I made a road trip to visit family, stopped at a car show on the way back, and of course, stopped at a few antique stores along the way.  I'm proud (and a little pained) to say I passed up a couple of pieces of luggage like this.  I'm exhibiting more self-control these days, forserious.  It probably also helped that the car show was in a small town where almost all of the antique stores were closed on Sunday, and the one I found open did not accept credit cards.  About a third of the cars were newer, but I did get to see a few early 60s Studebakers, several late 20s Fords, a couple of late 50s Galaxies, a few Bel-Airs, and a couple of 40s Mercurys.  I've got to remember to start bringing a camera along with me, and then remember to use it.

I was barely prepared for the cool front that snuck up on the area overnight, but the angora cardigan in my trunk saved me.  My hair held up so well in the wind, I figured "why not take a picture?".  I'm a little reluctant to post it, but here goes.  Barely anyone reads this anyway, right?! HA!
I love my brown blouse.  :)  Some color is usually added to me in studio shots like the recent doll shoot by Mileslove Studios Eye Candy. I turn out extra-pale in photos.  A few friends have suggested I do hair tutorial videos.  Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Holy SCHMOLEY!
    The pink elephants are to die for, girl.
    And you don't even drink - haha!

    (That means you have to leave them to me in your will.)
    ab

    ReplyDelete