Thursday, April 9, 2015

It Came From the 90s...

Note: I must have written this about a year ago (or more) and saved the draft- so here it is from the depths beneath my rock!  I probably intended to add to it, but here's what I left.

(insert suspenseful music here)  I'm still a little dumbfounded by the 90s-inspired fashion trends.  A while back, at one of the stores around the corner from my house, the shop girl was wearing combat boots with over-the-knee socks, cutoffs, a Guns 'N' Roses shirt, and a flannel.  I informed her that she was wearing exactly what I wore at the approximate age of 14, and admitted it made me feel old, but that it was cute.  Other twenty-somethings and teens are latching onto more regrettable fashion throwbacks.  It's weirding me out, being that I was there, and there's a lot of 90s fashion and music I don't care to relive.

On that note, here are some of my favorite songs plucked from otherwise forgettable 90s radio (don't get me started on underground stuff!).

My brother and I rocked out to The Butthole Surfers.  Take note of Flea in the video.  "The Annoying Song" was another favorite.  Look it up if you'd like it to be stuck in your head.

I was waaay too heavy metal in the 90s for this sissygirlsong, so I only recently listened to it and I have to admit I love it.  Damn teenagers; think they know everything…

Being of Celtic descent, I was open to listening to The Cranberries, especially their more rockin' songs. I also figured out I could entertain my peers with octave-skipping like Dolores O'Riordan, which I believe is innate in women of Celtic heritage.  Maybe I'm delusional… I've been called worse.

So, I absolutely despise "Lovefool", even still, but I've always loved "My Favourite Game".  I never watched the video until today.  A lady with 2-tone hair, lots of black eyeliner, leather pants, and an affinity for old cars…. are we related?

1 comment:

  1. https://stylestalkerdotcom.blogspot.com/2013/01/meet-our-la-posse.html?showComment=1594338763724#c3030963585899588744

    ReplyDelete