Friday, July 6, 2012

The Home Makeover Continues...

Eventually, I want a kitchen decorated in red, buttery yellow, and jade green.  This is the little thing that started it all:
This little bud vase belonged to my great-grandmother.  It was given to me years ago, and even in my ubergothness, it inspired me to have a colorful kitchen. And then came this:
This was made by one of my great aunts.  I love yellow, yellow roses are even better (Texas!), and I love spiderwebs.  And so, I began decorating around 2 small heirlooms. 
Working within a small space can be challenging, especially when your dining table is huge, and you don't have room for your shelf in your living room.  Don't get me wrong- I like my apartment and the price is right, however, I'll be glad to have a little house someday.  
In my little kitchen (it's a kitschen, really)  I have a small collection of souvenir plates and trays.  I've tried to keep it limited to places I've actually been or where family was born.  

My current hunt is for a cool old spoon rest.  I'd tell you about it, but I don't want you bidding on it, too. ;)
Back to the living room- I've moved the shelves I found on Etsy. 
After days upon days of throwing out old stuff, bringing in new (still old) stuff, and rearranging like crazy, I'm falling in love with my apartment again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment