Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Little DIY Goodness

I have to admit it... I almost can't stand it when I have something really ordinary- especially if it's something I have to use and look at all the time.  My old planner was too bulky and I was just tired of it, so I picked up a new little one that will fit in my purse.  In found all of the designs at Target less than desirable.  Sorry, "thomaspaul", your stuff is just not up my alley.  Regardless, I fretted not.  I had plans... for my planner.  (If you know me personally, you know this sounds especially ridiculous from a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type of gal like myself.)

 TADAAAAAAA!
And so, with leopard printed cardstock from my hairbrush packaging (which I saved about 2 years ago like a crazylady), some black tape from my fashion school days, and spiderweb print ribbon, my planner is customized!  

I've had a busy week of sanding the rust off of my new/old toolbox (resulting in rustdust all over my carpet, hands, legs, face...), stripping the old crackity veneer off of the 50s coffee table from the side of the road, sewing custom orders, and transferring all of my vintage patterns into acid-free comic book bags.  

And I leave you with this:
I made the mistake of sewing the mate to what was a pair of these sequin appliques on the hip of a black bikini over a decade ago.  Bad idea.  I backed this baby with fabric and mod podge, with a tack pin sandwiched in between, and now I can wear it on dang-near anything.  :)

There's a lot more to come between all of those aforementioned projects, y'all get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment