Monday, August 13, 2012

Random Thoughts Du Jour

I found some things this weekend, but I have to finish cleaning my living room so I can take proper pictures to show you without embarrassing myself with my domestic discombobulation.  My living room has been a workspace recently.  I'm finishing a custom 2-piece outfit for the lovely wife of the man behind Sam Navarro and the Lone Star Devils.  I'm about to start a romper for the fiery lil' shop girl at Red Rocket Speed Shop.  I just finished mending and reinforcing bolster covers for Blue Tree Yoga, one of my favorite places.

Running errands this morning, I came across a present for my momma.  I'm willing to bet she doesn't follow this blog, since her computer takes forrrrevvvverrrr to load photos.  (If you clicked on the link, yeah, I really did that.)  So.... you get to see her present first.  Don't tell her. 
This is so my momma; censored a bit.  With our childhood and adolescent "why"s and "why not"s, we sometimes got "This is my house, and I'll do as I damn well please" in response.  I'm already curious to see where it goes in the house.

With August in all it's sweltering glory upon us, it's time for people with spooky parts in their hearts to start scouring craft stores for Halloweenie goodness.  Sometimes I like to wait and let it all sneak up on me, for that kid-at-Christmas feeling.  I went in to Michael's for pearlizing medium a couple of weeks ago and found that they were putting some spookiness out.  I already got some eyeball ribbon. 
I love eyeballs.  Maybe I'll have to do an eyeball accessory blog entry soon.

My neighbor Paul is a spooky one.  He's always the first to leave a Halloween or Valentine trinket on my doorstep.  (It's not what it sounds like- he's gayer than the sunshine and still spooky-as-all-get-out.)  The other day,  I received this:
I've been trying so hard to get rid of excess stuff, and have parted with so much of my Halloween collection, however this little token of friendship will make a lovely hanging vase for cuttings. There are bats on it, too- someone dear to me took me to the Waugh bat bridge for the first time about a year ago, and I've gone back to watch them a few times recently.  They're so cute and squeaky, and I love anything that eats mosquitos.  

A more coherent blog next time, forserious.  Soon.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go with the ads, Google. I have no clue how Filipino mail-order brides have anything to do with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Me love you long time!"
    ~Formica

    ReplyDelete