Monday, August 27, 2012

God Bless Friends With Trucks.

I've been looking for a mid century desk for months now.  I missed 2 by the skin of my teeth.  I found one of them on Craigslist and it would have been $25.  Another I saw on someone's porch and it would have been the same price, but I agreed to work late the day I was supposed to pick it up- it's now on Craigslist for $325 and happens to be a Johnson Carper.  It was initially listed at $125 until they did some research.  Talk about kicking myself....
At any rate, I've kept my eyes peeled and got a desk and matching chair this weekend super el cheapo, which a dear friend eversokindly helped me pick up today.
TADAAAAA!!!
I cleaned it up all nice and prettylike with some Old English, inside and out.  Yes, the post-it note really says "Don't waste your time on FB."  It's really effective.  Now I just have to find a way to hide my cords a little better.  I may uncover the original yellow upholstery on the chair, or possibly use some of my boomerang printed barkcloth instead.  So with a side table holding my printer, and the corner table being shifted, the rest of the space looks like this:
The other side table is about to find a new spot, possibly in a walk-in closet to temporarily help me organize some vintage.  Quite a few things have sold on my Etsy in the past couple of days.  I'm about to take on my to-be-sold closet and organize the holy hell out of it.  More stuff needs to go, either via Etsy or eBay, to new homes.  It would help if that closet hadn't gotten crazy.  Wish me luck, I'm goin' in...

No comments:

Post a Comment