Friday, December 23, 2011

Holidays, Schmolidays...

Despite my scatterbrained tendencies (I still stand by my statement that I used to be organized and punctual, really.... I did), I usually have all of my holiday shopping done by Thanksgiving.  Not this year.  I have to run out into the madness, where people threaten each other over parking spaces reserved in their own minds, and grab a couple more things for my family and my mancreature.  On a happier note, I also have to pick up a vintage pearl-encrusted bolero and a Victor Costa dress that a very sweet colleague thinks should live in my closet instead of hers.  (Thanks Barbara!)

So while blitzing a local charity shop, I did come across a box of records from the 80s.... all 45s and all in flawless condition!
The top row is all Duran Duran, some of which are still sealed and include posters.  I did find one more record, but I can't show you 'cause I know my mancreature reads this blog and it's already under the tree anyway.  Some of these are going to a friend's collection, a few to my brother's collection, but the Cinderella one is definitely mine. Not only are these in great shape, but they also cost less per piece than a gumball out of a machine these days. (Remember penny gum machines? Those were the days...)

So I bid you "adieu" as I prepare to brave a couple of retail stores (resale is my natural habitat) and wish you good luck if you have to do the same.  I'll be watching Charlie Brown, the Grinch and Pee-Wee's Christmas specials tonight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wed1lI3B7Xk  Amidst the holiday hustle and bustle, Merry ChrismaHanuKwanzikah...Solstice... Whatever you celebrate, make it a good one, and count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment