Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Peachy Keen

Once upon a time, my dear friend Karen gave me a lovely quilted bedjacket.  I'm about to start using such things as I keep the windows open on cool nights.
It's handmade, and silk.

This pretty thing was found in a questionable neighborhood, hiding in the lingerie and sleepwear rack.
It's a no-name, but pretty nonetheless.  
Very reminiscent of Gil Elvgren pinups, backlit in sheer robes and nightgowns. 

So, the moral of the story is: If you have friends who also hoard vintage, or you venture into sketchy neighborhoods in your thrifting adventures, you get pretty things.  The End.

2 comments:

  1. Great Elvgren set.

    But for God's sake, whatEVER you do:
    DON'T CARRY CELERY.

    Your panties will fall off - just like *that*.
    Guaranteed.

    Formica...who *knows*

    ReplyDelete
  2. HahaHAA! I think that was Art Frahm whose pinups were always losing their panties. I thought another artist did those a lot, but I can't figure out who. Now I'll have to flip through my Elvgren books and see if anyone's panties are falling!

    ReplyDelete