Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Collect Nekkid Ladies.

Really.  I do.  It all started with a Sailor Jerry style military tattoo on my uncle's forearm and little bitty me getting in trouble for trying to replicate it on paper.  Anyway- I really do collect nekkid ladies- vintage ones.  I've drawn ladies my whole life and collected pinup art since before it was trendy, back when I could fit in my punk rock pants ( I will again- forserious) and wore enough eyeliner for five of me. I always loved the classics- George Petty, Alberto Vargas, Gil Elvgren, Rolf Armstrong... Then my Fairy Godfather got me hooked on the art of Olivia DeBerardinis.  I eventually found Tyson McAdoo's art.  I've acquired a big stack of books over the years.  Now, I have nekkid ladies here and there around the house, too.
They can help in the kitchen, like little cocktail forks. Hors d'oeurves, anyone?
I also have some bachelor cake dolls with sheer nighties on, but I thought maybe I shouldn't post them.   If you remember the "Sexy Sue" bachelor cakes at grocery store bakeries, you know which dolls I'm talking about.  They're too sexy for this blog.
Nekkid ladies can help you open letters, too.
This letter opener is just a curvy leg.  I can't find my Gil Elvgren lady today.  I have a habit of putting things in safe places, out of harm's way, and inadvertently hiding them from myself.
Mermaids are almost always nekkid, and are lovely for decorating the bathroom.  I have the mold for these chalkware beauties, which are waiting to be painted.
And then there are women of ill repute, like the girl leaning on the lamppost on the shot glass I found a couple of weeks ago.   She's not nekkid, but.... yeah.
So there's a fraction of my nekkid lady collection.  It pales in comparison to my friend Sam's- hers is way more varied- but it's a start.

By the way- Question du Jour:  Do you people read this every week?  Do you want more?  Post comments.

3 comments:

  1. I want to see the cake toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if they're safe for a page where you don't have to click the "yes, I'm over 18" disclaimer- do naked dolls in provocative poses with nips showing through sheer nighties violate some blogspot rule?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.
    mold removal

    ReplyDelete