Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It came in the mail... (insert suspenseful music here)

There are a few prints I covet, and one of them is a 1940s reproduction of a fruit print commonly found on tablecloths.  Back before Dixiefried was bought by Pinup Girl Clothing- after the eBay auction of her production patterns didn't meet the reserve price (you better believe I was watching that one), they used the print I love.... a lot.  I only know of 2 other clothing companies that have used the same print; one used rayon like Dixiefried, and the other used a cotton.
Aaanyway, I perpetually search for pieces in that elusive print on the internet, like a ghost of sorts, and I found something.... Dixiefried... in my size.
And here it is in all it's fruity glory!  And to think I expected more bills in the mailbox. Ha! Today, my friends, is Christmas, because I got a present. And yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, but sometimes you have to buy presents your damn self.  :)
 
And that's the story of how I became the happy owner of an out-of-production Dixiefried sarong-style dress. Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment