Saturday, September 10, 2011

Moral: Impulse Shopping is Your Friend

Sometimes, when I don't buy something I've been wanting, I think I'm being good.  The truth of the matter is that I'm deceiving myself.  I may be behaving, but it's bad for me.  It's a setup for torture.   Let me tell you a little story.
Once upon a time, I found a Betsey Johnson knit dress with a print of big, fat, hot pink cherries.  I wasn't sure about the material, if I wanted a retro-inspired dress made out of comfy knit like a t-shirt.  I wasn't sure how I felt about the cherries being hot pink.  I didn't know if I'd wear it, with it's slight a-line cut.  I put it on hold, waited too long, went back, and it was gone.
As I waited, I decided I neeeeeded it.  I spent the next few years sporadically combing eBay, as well as resale shops locally and while traveling.  Another case of reverse-buyer's remorse; I constantly kept an eye out for it.
http://youtu.be/s-Xl17B-Z0A
Then, one fateful day, I came across another.
The cherry dress and I now live happily ever after.  That's the story of how I came to own a Betsey Johnson pink cherry dress.  Now if only I could keep my antenna up and work some good juju on the Trashy Diva "Anna" dress in their green Ming print.  I recently let one get away from me... the search continues...

1 comment: