Wednesday, October 12, 2011

There's MORE, I Promise...

... I've just been really bad about getting on the internet.  I keep finding things, and finding myself busy with real life things and forgetting to get online and post them.  Sorry.  My natural tendencies are to be really reclusive and stay waaaaaay under the radar.  Everything to the contrary is a learned behavior.

So, I went to a local vintage market a couple of weekends back, surprisingly emerged empty-handed, stopped at a consignment shop or two on the way home, and found THIS...

So I immediately called my mancreature from the other side of the store (yes, with my phone- I wasn't going to leave it!) to come and bask in it's vintagey glow, table, chairs, leaf, and all.  I then sat down at it and wallowed in mental turmoil for about 30 minutes regarding whether I should buy it.  It was supercheap (if I told you how cheap, you would throw up), but I was still trying to override my other natural tendency- impulse shopping.  Would it fit in my place?, how to get it there, etc., etc., blahblahblah.  

Long story short, my precious mancreature and his dear ol' dad (and his big ol' truck) moved it into my place days later, and I've been rearranging and restyling ever since.  I actually had started that process prior to finding this gem- my brain messages must have been preparing me for it all along.

(insert sound of angels singing here)

3 comments:

  1. You had a nice little bout with buyers remorse then there was acceptance once you saw it set up in your dining room area. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I knowww, I'm neurotic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty kick ass but I have no idea how you fit it into your casa. I would have been the same way...flashback to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete