Monday, September 17, 2012

Toys in the Attic...

...that's code for "crazy".  I've been called worse.  Being a toy in the attic is a different story; a doll among interesting junk in a fancy attic setting.  Mileslove Studios Eye Candy's current photo set is a creepy doll theme in a deluxe attic of sorts, booking for Sunday, September 30th.  It's my job to make people look fabulous, alongside Jenni Davis Makeup, and to make you wanna book a shoot, so here's the promo shot:
I got to wear my vintage 1920s combination for this shoot (I'll post a photo of it on it's own later). Over that is the first corset I ever bought- a Versatile Fashions piece (from back when they were quality, before the company changed hands) I scored at a resale store for a mere $15, which is way more affordable than $300.  Those heels are Betsey Johnson, procured from a Ross store years ago for under $20.  Being Scottish, I'm a cheapskate.  It's in my genes.  I've said before I can't enjoy things that cost too much money (over $20 is pushing it for me, really), so there you have it.  It's built into my radar.

At any rate, once this set is shot, it's coming down.  We won't be keeping all of the creepy dolls, and we won't be precariously perching all of these weird and interesting vintage and antique curios among each other again.  We'll be onto the next set...

No comments:

Post a Comment