Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vintagey Glittery Storagey Goodness!

I'm gonna be one of those old ladies with a bumper sticker that says "I brake for garage sales".  I know it already.  I stopped by an estate sale down the street on my way back from a consignment store (I know, I know, I have a problem).  The place had been the home of an artist (no surprise in the "artsy" neighborhood).  The previous homeowner having been an artist and an animal lover, the place was pretty ick.  I have to admit that I do understand that creativity trumps tidiness, since creativity happens when it happens and not necessarily when you need it to happen.  Still, sometimes you find diamonds in the rough among the dustbunnies and odors, or at least glittery plastic. I found sparkly stackable storage drawers, namely "Vue Chest" by the Pandora Company from the late 50s/early 60s.
And that's not quite half of 'em. Here's a newspaper ad from the late 50s for "Vue Chest":
After cleaning with a sponge and dish soap, they're sparklicious.  Anyone who has spent any time living in Houston knows that there's a special kind of dust here that has sort of a stickiness, so cleaning them was pretty gross, but now I have sparkly, shiny, storage drawers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment