Saturday, January 28, 2012

Try Not To Be Jealous...

...Look at my new spice racks.  I'm not exactly a culinary goddess, but I do have spices, which require racks like everyone else's.  Anyway- look at my new spice racks and try not to be jealous.
These are steel Kenberry spice racks from the 50s.  They were practically given to me at an estate sale.  As I write this blog, there is one like it listed on eBay for $75.  I now own 4.  Now this song will be in my head for at least a day : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVMLm08Hq7E I know, I'm a mess.
I love serendipitous moments when I find really cool things, and it only sweetens the deal when I find out later that it's worth a lot more than I paid.  Now I just have to find a spot for them, since my little pantry door is too narrow for them.
I've been switching around things in the kitchen anyway.  I scrubbed the dumpster-acquired (trashcanside, really) vintage Coca Cola crate that has been a makeshift ashtray/drink "table" on my porch for over 8 years, and made it into a makeshift shelf for kitschen knick-knacks.

It now houses my salt and pepper shakers, miniature plates, and shot glasses.  Now if I can get the rest of my fridge looking halfway orderly...
I've come across more interesting vintagey goodness lately, but I've been slacking on the blog again 'cause I've been doing way too many other things, as usual.  I'll be blogging more again, promise.  You might even get to see some of the sewing I'm doing... maaaaybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment