Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Told You I Read...

Sooner or later, I'll get back to reading classic literature and stuff like that.  Books about clothes and sewing are still pretty fascinating to me right now.  I even like books about patterns.
I like patterns a lot.  I kinda hoard them. This book is full of illustrations of patterns available for the summer of 1932.  Gorgeous!


It's pretty inspiring, but I'm not sure these designs of slim-looking dresses would flatter an hourglass girl like myself.  Some of the patterns are noted as being adapted from designs by the likes of Chanel. Lanvin, Mainbocher, Louiseboulanger, Patou, and Schiaparelli.

Thanks to a generous giftcard to a bookstore, I perused the used books online and found this baby:
 The dust jacket is hurt, but the pages inside are beautiful and full of illustrations from Frederick's of Hollywood- mostly from the late 40s through the early 60s- right up my alley!  I collect these catalogs, but haven't acquired any in a couple of years.  Other people collect them too, and it's gotten expensive.
 I love the illustrations of all the glamourous dresses, swimsuits, foundations and lingerie.
And just so you're aware- here is a diagram of the benefits and features of a padded push-up bra.  Knowledge is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment